Maryland LCV and Maryland LCV Education Fund are seeking an experienced fundraiser to join our staff as the Donor Engagement Manager to support a robust and growing development program. The successful candidate will join the organization at a time when climate policy and environmental justice are well-recognized and growing concerns for the majority of Marylanders and our organization is renewing its strategic plan which centers diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice (DEIJ) in everything we do. This position reports to the Development Director and will have the primary responsibility of raising support from individual donors who can or currently give in the range of $1,000 – $10,000 annually to advance the collective mission of our family of organizations.
Our vision is to achieve a healthy environment for everyone in Maryland. Our mission is to activate Marylanders to promote and pass equitable laws and policies for clean water, healthy air, and a resilient climate. We pursue our vision and mission through four organizations and approaches. Maryland LCV, a 501(c)(4) organization, advocates for sound environmental policies, educates and endorses candidates for public office, and holds elected officials responsible for action on
issues including our air, land, water and public health. The Maryland LCV Education Fund is a 501(c)(3) organization that strengthens the environmental community by growing a base of conservation-minded voters across the state. Through outreach and education, the Maryland LCV Education Fund builds grassroots field capacity for legislative advocacy and environmental issues. The Maryland LCV PAC is the organization that directly helps elect pro-conservation candidates. The Maryland Conservation Voters Action Fund makes independent expenditures to educate voters on important environmental issues in elections.
The Donor Engagement Manager will be primarily responsible for managing and growing the mid-level giving program which is focused on raising funds from individual donors giving annually in the $1,000 – $10,000 range. The position will develop and manage a giving program of current donors and prospects via a multi-faceted approach to donor relationship-building that includes phone calls, meetings, events, direct mail, and digital engagement. The Donor Engagement Manager will participate in organizing and executing the donor giving cycle from identification to solicitation through stewardship, with specific attention to securing new gifts and upgrading donors to ensure successful supporter engagement and outcomes. This team member’s success will be critical to achieving the organizations’ $2+ million annual revenue budget and fundraising campaign goals.
- Mid-Level Giving Program
○ Raise revenue from individual donors giving $1,000 – $10,000 per year ○ Develop and manage this program with a relationship-focused approach ○ Utilize data and best practices to acquire, re-activate, retain and upgrade mid-level donors with a focus on securing new donors, increasing donor retention rates, and upgrading gifts
○ Implement moves management (identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, and recognition) to assist in building the pipeline for middle and major donors ($10,000+)
○ Utilize EveryAction 8 / Bonterra constituent management system, overseeing the day-to-day operation of the database for the development team, generating reports, and tracking donor contacts and activities to maximize efficient and effective moves management
○ Evaluate performance of the mid-level giving program and manage regular reporting to demonstrate progress toward fundraising goals, and with the Development Director, identify any areas of concern, and develop strategies to achieve revenue goals
- Donor Stewardship
○ Develop, manage, and implement a relationship-based donor engagement calendar for all donors, coordinating with the Development Director, Director of Strategic Communications, and Director of Membership and Digital Engagement
○ Plan and execute a growing calendar of events (2-4 per year, including house party fundraisers) around the state to inform and engage donors and prospects
○ Engage and steward donors and prospects in a series of two-way communications that share important information (such as case statements, strategic plan, and impact reports) and ask for their feedback (through surveys, meetings, and other engagement opportunities)
- Participate in development team and organization-wide planning and activities
○ In partnership with the Development Director, support Maryland LCV’s signature annual fundraising event, Changemakers: Celebrating Environmental Leaders
○ Actively work with team members in the growth of other key fundraising efforts, including the monthly donor program, membership, and major donor programs
○ Support and play an active role in the development team’s efforts to integrate DEIJ into fundraising and embody the principles of Community-Centric Fundraising
○ Assist in developing fundraising goals, budget, metrics and work plans ○ Staff and assist Maryland LCV’s Board of Directors in meeting their give-or-get fundraising goals
○ Participate in staff meetings, strategic planning and DEIJ learning ○ Attend conferences and trainings with national partner, League of Conservation Voters
- Other duties as assigned
Success in this position will require proven fundraising success with a desire and aptitude to be a direct front-line fundraiser and an ability to recognize opportunities and prioritize them to attain revenue goals.
- Alignment with Maryland LCV’s values and commitment to centering diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice into the work we do and supporting an inclusive organizational culture
- Three or more years of direct fundraising experience that includes $1,000+ gift solicitations and donor stewardship
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the desire and ability to directly interact with donors via telephone, in-person, and events to build meaningful and lasting relationships
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices to improve donor retention, acquisition and increase average gift amounts
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including strong attention to detail and copy editing skills
- Demonstrated strategic, analytical, project management, and problem-solving skills, including the ability to anticipate job-related needs and issues
- Travel locally and throughout the State is necessary so a valid driver’s license and access to a car is required, and this person must be able to maintain a flexible schedule common to fundraising
- Proficiency with Google applications and/or Microsoft Office products and using a fundraising database – specific experience with EveryAction a plus
- Ability to receive and use sensitive and personal information with respect and appropriate discretion
- Ability and willingness to work effectively within a small team, as well as take initiative independently
- Adaptable, able to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously and switch tasks as priorities shift
- Demonstrated interest in Maryland politics, civic engagement, and/or environmental and sustainability policy
- Proficiency in written and spoken Spanish is a plus
SALARY and COMPENSATION:
Salary range: $65,000-$75,000. Maryland LCV and Maryland LCV EF offer a competitive non-profit salary depending on qualifications and experience. The salary is accompanied by a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, paid time-off, a 401K plan with an employer match, and opportunities for continual professional development.
This is a full-time position based in Annapolis, Maryland. Occasional remote work may be allowed based on organizational needs and/or emergent public health advisories. This position reports to the Development Director. After business hours work is required at times. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions
Send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Shivaugn Ahern, Director of Operations, at email@example.com with Donor Engagement Manager in the subject line. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Maryland LCV, a 501(c)(4) organization, advocates for sound environmental conservation policies, educates and endorses candidates for public office, and holds elected officials responsible on issues including our air, land, water and public health. The Maryland LCV Education Fund is a 501(c)(3) organization that strengthens the environmental community by growing a base of conservation-minded voters across the state. Through outreach and education, the Education Fund builds grassroots field capacity for legislative advocacy and environmental issues. The Maryland LCV PAC is the organization that directly helps elect pro-conservation candidates.
Maryland LCV & Maryland LCV Education Fund are Equal Opportunity Employers committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. Maryland LCV & Maryland LCV Education Fund welcome applicants who self-identify with one or more historically marginalized populations or minority groups.