The Maryland League of Conservation Voters Education Fund (LCV) is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit committed to building the effectiveness of the environmental community since 2000. We are dedicated to maximizing the participation of conservation-minded voters in public policy decisions made at the state and local levels regarding Maryland’s environment and natural resources. Our programs strengthen and build the power of the environmental community, and they expand, deepen, and activate a base of conservation-minded voters around the state.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice
Maryland League of Conservation Voters Education Fund embraces diversity, equity, inclusion, and racial justice. We view these pillars as crucial to building healthy environments for everyone in Maryland. We are committed to supporting and amplifying a diverse and inclusive environmental movement by:
- Intentionally building our organizational capacity and nurturing external partnerships that represent the diversity in Maryland, including constituencies most disproportionately impacted by climate change and environmental injustices to achieve this vision of inclusivity;
- Advancing an equitable and just climate change policy agenda;
- Using our voices to fight systemic racism and ensure fair treatment and equitable environmental opportunities and outcomes;
- Supporting the power of Black and Brown people and disadvantaged communities to meaningfully address environmental burdens and injustices;
- Advocating for access to clean air and water, and safe and healthy communities;
- Enlisting and supporting diverse candidates running for public office and elected officials who share our diversity, equity, inclusion, and racial justice ideals and are passionate about advancing them.
WHAT WE DO
The Maryland League of Conservation Voters Education Fund’s mission is to preserve Maryland’s air, land, water, and public health for future generations. We make conservation a top priority with Maryland’s decision-makers and engage concerned Marylanders in conservation policy and the democratic process.
WHY WE DO IT
Nothing is more important than protecting the air we breathe, the water we drink and the land on which we live. Environmental issues are too often minimized or marginalized. We are working to ensure a healthy future for Maryland’s communities, neighborhoods, and families, including addressing our urgent climate crisis.
HOW WE DO IT
To shed light on our state’s most pressing environmental topics – the climate crisis, clean water and the Chesapeake Bay, and open government – we engage directly with conservation-minded Marylanders and work closely with decision-makers to ensure they have the information they need to best protect our state.
We depend upon the generous support of conservation-minded individuals like you. Help strengthen the political voice of Maryland’s environment, ensuring our elected officials are as concerned about preserving Maryland’s quality of life as you are!