Maryland League of Conservation Voters Education Fund embraces diversity, equity, inclusion, and racial justice. We view these pillars as crucial to building healthy environments for everyone in Maryland. We are committed to supporting and amplifying a diverse and inclusive environmental movement by:
- Intentionally building our organizational capacity and nurturing external partnerships that represent the diversity in Maryland, including constituencies most disproportionately impacted by climate change and environmental injustices to achieve this vision of inclusivity;
- Advancing an equitable and just climate change policy agenda;
- Using our voices to fight systemic racism and ensure fair treatment and equitable environmental opportunities and outcomes;
- Supporting the power of Black and Brown people and disadvantaged communities to meaningfully address environmental burdens and injustices;
- Advocating for access to clean air and water, and safe and healthy communities;
- Enlisting and supporting diverse candidates running for public office and elected officials who share our diversity, equity, inclusion, and racial justice ideals and are passionate about advancing them.